Thursday, January 25, 2007

APF's new "History & Adventure" blog

Hello fellow APF'ers and preservation enthusiasts! I am writing to you as the newest addition to the Arizona Preservation Foundation staff. Among the duties that I have assumed, I am now a newsletter contributor and editor. I will update the site every week so be sure to check-in for the latest news and events. I am very excited about this part of my job and, in my enthusiasm, I created my own blog for APF called, "History and Adventures in Arizona." It is a travel and photologue of places, events, and general Arizona history.

I just completed my first entry, an article on the history of Tombstone and the recent event celebrating the 125th anniversary of the shootout at the OK Corral (which I attended and photographed). As a newcomer to Arizona, I would love to hear from you where I should go next. Please send your ideas to Leanne Matzenger. To read my first entry, click on the 2nd link on the right, "APF's History & Adventure Blog." I hope you enjoy it! Leanne Matzenger, APF Administrator