- Generating awareness and engagement by providing a sense of unity and pride among residents.
- Developing participation programs which include a robust yearlong calendar of activities to celebrate the Centennial.
- Implementing educational programs that focus on the state’s past, present, and future.
- Collaborating with AHAC on legacy projects, such as working with communities to highlight their unique historical value.
- Establishing avenues for resources and funding to encourage and support planning at the state and local level for major events and activities.
The Commission will also consist of a cross-section of Arizona business leaders, elected officials and local community historians. Within the coming weeks, Governor Napolitano will be releasing the names of the commissioners.