- Use Teaching with Historic Places (TwHP) format.
- Submit three copies with cover sheet (name, grade(s) taught, school name, address, and e-mail) with no identification on lesson.
- Send to: Arizona Preservation Foundation, P.O. Box 13492, Phoenix, AZ 85002, ATTN: Centennial Lesson Plan Contest.
- Postmark no later than April 1, 2008.
- For problems, questions, etc., contact Donna Reiner, PhD, contest chair.
- 1st place winner will receive $250, 2nd place $200, 3rd place $150.
- Winners announced at the 6th Annual Arizona Statewide Historic Preservation Conference, June 11-13, 2008 in Rio Rico, AZ.
Tuesday, November 13, 2007
Teachers encouraged to design social studies lesson plans using historic places
The Arizona Preservation Foundation is proud to announce the 1st Annual Statewide Contest for teachers to create lesson plans based on Arizona national, state, and local historic places that adheres to Arizona State Social Studies Standards. Contest rules:
at 10:48 PM