A $30 million renovation and expansion of the Chandler High campus, at Arizona Avenue and Chandler Boulevard, was completed in 2005 and included a new career and technical education center, an Olympic-quality swimming pool and upgraded athletic facilities. Until 1998, Chandler High was the only public high school in the Chandler Unified School District, which now has four. The latest, Perry High, opened in August. Key events in the history of Chandler High:
- 1913: First classes in buildings at Cleveland (now Chandler Boulevard) and California streets.
- 1918: School graduates its first class.
- 1922: School completed at cost of $12,500.
- 1953: Football field moved to Erie Street and named Austin Field.
- 1995-96: Major renovation. Original building gutted, interior rebuilt, named Old Main.
- 2005: $30 million renovation and expansion, part of 2002 bond package, is completed. [Photo source: Arizona Republic.]