1. Register on the National Trust's website, http://www.preservationnation.org
2. Download and print out a special Phoenix “This Place Matters” sign available at http://www.box.net/shared/1xubte0ows. If you know of a spot outside of Phoenix, click on http://www.box.net/shared/c4e9uy9s00 for a sign with the Arizona flag.
3. Snap a photo of people holding the sign and standing in front of a building or place of particular personal significance.
4. Then, upload the photo (or photos) to the National Trust http://www.preservationnation.org/thisplacematters, and post a brief story about the place and why it matters.
We've already had a number of communities participate, including, Fremont, NE and Greenville, OH, just to name a few. So don't get left out. Post your picture today!
Want to do more?
- Spread the word about the campaign by mentioning the campaign in your enewsletter.
- Post your picture and story on your own website and link to PreservationNation.org.
- Challenge your supporters to post other pictures from your town to the site.
- Learn how City Lore and the Municipal Arts Society in New York City have been using their own "Place Matters" campaign for years to advocate for local places at risk by visiting their website at